May 28th, 2008, 23:01 Posted By: zx-81
Who said i gave up ? Here is a new (last?) version of PSPMSX the MSX series Emulator for PSP.
For those who haven't seen previous versions, fMSX is a famous emulator of the MSX, MSX2,
and MSX2+ 8bit home computers.
It runs MSX/MSX2/MSX2+ software on many different platforms including Windows and Unix.
See http://fms.komkon.org/fMSX/ for further informations.
It has been first written by Marat Fayzullin, and later Vincent van Dam ported it on SDL.
What's new in version 1.3.0 :
- Add gzipped disk file support to reduce disk file size from 700k to 50k !
(you may gzip original dsk file using 7-zip available at www.7-zip.org)
- Add MSX eboot's music (thanks to Konami )
- A thumbnail image is now displayed in the file requester
while selecting any file with the same name of a previously
saved game (rom, disk, keyboard, settings).
It might be very helpful to recognize that game later if you
have thousand different games in your disk and rom folders !
- In the emulator menu you can go directly to keyboard and settings
menus using the L-Trigger key.
- Fix IR keyboard issue with fw >= 3.80 for FAT PSP
- Fix random black screen issue
How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.
Sources are included, and are distributed under Marat Fayzullin's license for the original MSX part,
and under GNU license for all the PSP part.
You can find it here:
This should be the last release, (before the next one as always)
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 2 comments - Join In and Discuss Here