June 1st, 2008, 18:58 Posted By: zx-81
Here new (final?) version of PSPCAP32 the CPC Emulator for PSP.
For those who haven't seen previous versions, Caprice32 is one of the best emulator
of the Amstrad CPC home computer series running on Windows and Unix, written by Ulrich Doewich.
This emulator faithfully imitates the CPC464, CPC664, and CPC6128 models
What's new in version 1.4.0 :
- Major speed improvements, frame rate reached 55 fps at 222Mhz
on startup and 67 fps at 266Mhz
- Fix IR keyboard issue with fw >= 3.80 for FAT PSP
- Add gzipped disk file support, reduce disk file size from 190k to 20k !
(you may gzip original dsk file using www.7-zip.org)
Of course, gzipped disk files are also browsable using disk explorer
inside the emulator, and when possible, they can be run automatically.
- Add eboot's music
- A thumbnail image is now displayed in the file requester
while selecting any file with the same name of a previously
saved game (snapshot, disk, keyboard, settings).
It might be very helpful to recognize that game later if you
have thousand different games in your disk and snapshot folders !
- The virtual keyboard is now usable in the file requester menu to
choose the first letter of the game you search !
- In the emulator menu you can go directly to keyboard and settings
menu using the L-Trigger key.
- Fix random black screen issue
- Source code can now be compiled to build a linux version
How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.
Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public license,
read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.
This homebrew has been tested on both FAT and SLIM (thanks to Greg)
with cfw 3.90-m33 + add fw1.5, but it should work on any other DAX cfw.
You can find it here :
Download and Give Feedback and Compatability Reports Via Comments
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 2 comments - Join In and Discuss Here