January 27th, 2008, 02:26 Posted By: zx-81
For those who has missed the beginning, Stella is on of the best emulator of Atari 2600 game console,
running on many different systems, such as Linux, Solaris, Windows, MacOS/X, WinCE, OS/2, GP2X.
It has been written initially by Bradford Mott, see http://stella.sourceforge.net/ for details.
PSP2600 is a port on PSP of the version v2.2 of Stella. It's based on the work of Aenea who was
the first to port Stella to PSP.
It has been developped on linux for Firmware 3.x-m33 and 1.5
What's new in this version (i hope the last) ?
- Auto-fire mode, press RTrigger+X to switch it on/off useful for games such as space invaders !
On given games, the auto fire can't be stopped, so an option to stop it, is available
in the settings menu.
- It uses now only PSP GU for rendering
- Speed improvements while using GU render modes
- IR keyboard support !
- Add .a26 as valid rom extention
- Add several new hotkeys :
. settings such as fps, render mode, auto fire speed can now be directly modified
inside the emulator (no need to enter in the settings menu)
. quick save / quick load current state (no need to enter in the main menu)
- New speed limiter options in settings menu
- RTrigger/LTrigger keys can be used in the keyboard
settings menu to navigate between Normal, LTrigger
and RTrigger compose mapping.
- Analog pad can be used in the rom file requester
- Default Hotkeys can now be set in the keyboard mapping menu
(useful to add hotkeys on existing/previous keyboard files)
- Bug fix in the low battery watchdog
- Increase memory heap size in 3.x
How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.
Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public license,
read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.
You can download it on my blog :
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 16 comments - Join In and Discuss Here