January 23rd, 2007, 22:17 Posted By: zx-81
For those who has missed the beginning, Stella is on of the best emulator of Atari 2600 game console,
running on many different systems, such as Linux, Solaris, Windows, MacOS/X, WinCE, OS/2, GP2X.
It has been written initially by Bradford Mott, see Stella's site for details.
PSP2600 is a port on PSP of the version v2.2 of Stella. It's based on the work of * Aenea *
who was the first to port Stella to PSP, and David Voswinkel who's now in charge
of the PSP port in Stella team.
What's new in this version ?
- Merge the code from Stella v2.2 (replacing Stella v2.0 b1)
- Add several Anti-Flicker modes such as :
Phosphor (from Stella v2.2), nice but CPU consuming
Simple, very fast and suitable for black background games
Average, it computes average colors between two frames
- Add paddle support, using Left / Right keys or analog Pad
- Fix the sound speed/accuracy (For a better quality, set the
PSP clock to 333Mhz in the settings menu)
- Bug fix in Rom file requester
PSP hangs when the rom list was big and already sorted
- Remove Gelon's name from graphics stuff (as he wants to)
- Add * Aenea * as the author of the first PSP port (i'm sorry for this mistake !)
t has been developped on linux for Firmware 1.5 and i hope it works also for 2.x
using the great eloader (0.99x) from http://www.noobz.eu/.
How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.
Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public license,
read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 23 comments - Join In and Discuss Here