September 22nd, 2007, 02:22 Posted By: Sterist
Here's a quick guide to storing any files you might have.
before getting into it, keep note that you won't be able to use them on your PS3 if the XMB doesn't already support it.
Blue = Important step or word.
Gray = Word-for-word option in XMB used in the process of storing, or botton on the controller.
1. Obtain a usb cord and a storage device, or a storage device that connects directly to the system(s).
2. Rename your file to end with the suffix .MP4 (via PC or other available method). If the file you're storing is a video, then this step is unnecessary
3. Connect your storage to the PS3, go to Video in the XMB, press Triangle when the storage device's icon is highlighted, then select Display All.
4. Locate your file(s) and press Triangle for your options, then select Copy. If you have multiple files, select Copy Multiple from the top in the options menu and proceed to copy like you would for any other media.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
5. Notice: They will display as corrupt or unsupported videos at the bottom of the list.
6. Identifying your stored files: Highlight one of the corrupt or unsupported video files at the bottom of the list, press Triangle for your options, and select Information. The filename will be at the top of the information list, along with it's original extension, if you left it on there. Unfortunately, this is the only method to navigate your files using the XMB only.
a few compression tips:
--Before compressing, make sure you set the compression level to the highest possible.
--RAR is a very powerful generic compression format.
--7z is a "picky-eater" but more often than not, has a (5~20%) better compression than RAR
--Experiment with various formats on like-files to save the most space.
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 2 comments - Join In and Discuss Here