June 3rd, 2008, 23:19 Posted By: zx-81
Because faster is better, here is another version of GP2X-CAP32 the CPC emulator for GP2X.
For those who haven't seen previous versions, Caprice32 is one of
the best emulator of the Amstrad CPC home computer series running
on Windows and Unix, written by Ulrich Doewich.
This emulator faithfully imitates the CPC464, CPC664, and CPC6128 models
What's new in version 1.4.0 :
- Speed improvements
- Add gzipped disk file support, reduce disk file size from 190k to 20k !
(you may gzip original dsk file using www.7-zip.org)
Of course, gzipped disk files are also browsable using disk explorer
inside the emulator, and when possible, they can be run automatically.
- A thumbnail image is now displayed in the file requester
while selecting any file with the same name of a previously
saved game (snapshot, disk, keyboard, settings).
It might be very helpful to recognize that game later if you
have thousand different games in your disk and snapshot folders !
- The virtual keyboard is now usable in the file requester menu to
choose the first letter of the game you search !
- In the emulator menu you can go directly to keyboard and settings
menu using the L-Trigger key.
- The sound can be set a bit louder
You can download it on my blog :
Special thanks to KaosOverride, Noldor & Notaz,
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here