November 19th, 2019, 22:08 Posted By: wraggster
AppleWin v188.8.131.52 is released. AppleWin (also known as Apple //e Emulator for Windows) is an open source software emulator for running Apple II programs in Microsoft Windows. AppleWin has support for most programs that could run either on the Apple II+ or the Apple IIe. By default, AppleWin emulates the Extended Keyboard IIe (better known as the Platinum IIe) with built-in 80-column text support, 128 kilobytes of RAM, two 5.25-inch floppy disk drives, a joystick, a serial card and 65C02 CPU. AppleWin supports lo-res, hi-res, and double hi-res graphics modes and can emulate both color and monochrome Apple II monitors; later versions of AppleWin also can emulate a television set used as a monitor. Both 40-column and 80-column text is supported.
AppleWin can emulate the Apple II joystick (using the PC's default controller), paddle controllers (using the computer mouse), and can also emulate the Apple II joystick using the PC keyboard. AppleWin can also use the PC speaker to emulate the Apple II's sound if no sound card is available (does not work under NT-based Windows versions). Full screen mode is available through the use of DirectX. Features added to the latest versions of AppleWin include Ethernet support using Uthernet, Mockingboard and Phasor sound card support, SSI263 speech synthesis, hard drive disk images and save states.
AppleWin v184.108.40.206 Changelog:
- [Bug #724] Fixed so that 6502 interrupt is delayed by 1 opcode when interrupt occurs on last cycle of opcode. Fixes French Touch's "Mad Effect" & "Mad Effect #2" demos.
- [Bug #711] Fixed Mockingboard initial "stretched" music playback (regression introduced at 220.127.116.11).
- [Bug #707] Fixed ADTPro (running under AppleWin) not working with real COM ports.
- [Bug #701] Fixed 6522's TIMER being out-of-sync with 6502.
- [Bug #699] Fixed French Touch's "Mad Effect". See #656, #701, #724.
- [Bug #680] Fixed video tearing (eg. for FT's "Scroll Scroll Scroll" & "Mad Effect #2").
- [Bug #659] Fix for Applied Engineering's Phasor song player (noisy playback) (regression introduced at 18.104.22.168).
- [Bug #656] Changed so only TEXT ($C050/1) and MIXED ($C052/3) have a 1 cycle delay (extension to 22.214.171.124).
*fixes French Touch's "Mad Effect" demo.
f*ixes Deater's "Cycle-count Megademo" (vertical GR grey line shouldn't be visible between GR & HGR video).
- [Bug #652] Fixed 6522's TIMER to underflow at 0x0000 -> 0xFFFF and T1C=0x0000 now correctly underflows on next cycle.
- [Bug #435] COM ports above COM9 weren't available from the UI.
- [Change #716] Help's troubleshooting section: added an item for no Apple II speaker sound.
- [PR #715] Memory fix for struct ImageInfo.
- [PR #694] Debugger: Symbol loading: Fix random crash upon start up.
- Fixed crash with debug command line switches: -m and -no-mb.
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here