Posted By: wraggster
The Atari 2600 gets some more homebre loving, heres the news:
Alien Attack is a homebrew Atari VCS game by easmith. It’s a 4k tiny shooter game, fully written in Assembler.
Ok, I got a little feedback on the “prototype” so I went ahead and made some changes. I think now it can truly be considered a finished game.
1. Made 16 unique enemy designs/ 16 waves.
2. Enemy speed is now controlled with fractional pixel movement , for more variations in speed and less abrupt change from slow to really fast, thanks to help from SpiceWare for this.
3. Figured out how to enlarge Enemy missile without flicker.
4. Fixed bug where death sound would play indefinitely
5. Reduces delay before button reset kicks in.
6. Added win screen after wave 16.
Again, the idea is to take out the 16 waves before the enemies take out your laser cannon or power supply , or outlast your power supply. Now I think it is good enough to be considered a pretty solid first effort, at least technically , for just 4 weeks of work. ROM is actually 3K.